Hi, my name is Phil Webster, and I’m the creator of GeometricArts.com. I am currently 43 years old, living in western Massachusetts, and I have a beautiful wife and a cat. No kids yet, but maybe sometime soon. Most importantly (as far as this site goes, anyway!), I have a lifelong passion for geometric art.
You can read the full version of my story here. In short, after dabbling with geometric art as an off-and-on hobby my whole life, I am now working towards making it a central part of my life, and eventually, a source of livelihood. As this site launches in June 2011, I am poised to leave my 9-to-5 job and work independently on a number of web and programming projects, including this one. Down the road, I hope to weave geometric art into this mix. It’s a somewhat scary move, but I’m also really excited about making a living doing things I’m passionate about, and working for myself.
As I’ve started looking around online for ways to explore geometric art as a professional endeavor, I’ve found a number of individual people doing amazing art. There are also places to find books, tools, etc. But, it’s all scattered about and you really have to dig around to find the good stuff.
I haven’t found any online destination dedicated solely to bringing the best of this genre together–so that’s exactly what I intend to do. With all of your help, I think I can make GeometricArts.com THE destination for people with this passion.
How to Get Involved
There are several ways you can stay involved with what’s happening here on the site. Pick any or all, depending on your preferences.
- Bookmark the site in your browser
- Receive new posts via RSS feed or by email
- Leave comments on new posts–let me know what you think!
- Contact me directly with feedback and suggestions
- Sign up for the Geometric Arts Newsletter , which will provide separate, complementary content on a weekly basis
- Finally, if you feel moved to directly support the development of this web site, donations are always welcome!